We’re always looking for stories that touch on the intersection of food and place.
Pitches that catch our eye have a few things in common:
- a clear and concise summary
- enough detail for us to imagine the final story
- a compelling (often unusual) point-of-view
- a clear reason that it belongs on Edible Communities
- evidence that you have the background, resources, and connections to execute the story
- of national interest (this often means they use a local story to illustrate a point of wider interest)
If your story has a recipe element or you want to pitch recipes… we only accept recipes from people with recipe development experience and who are able to provide high-quality photos of the resulting recipe(s). Edible recipes are fresh and seasonal. They use whole ingredients. They may take some time or be heavily DIY (although they needn’t), but they are never fussy.
Please note that we only accept submissions for ediblecommunities.com. To pitch your local Edible publication, please do so directly.
Send pitches for ediblecommunities.com to Molly Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org.