Everyone will love this fresh (and less-expensive) take on traditional pesto from Ryan Scott's cookbook, One to Five.
- 1 medium head broccoli steamed and shocked
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons roasted salted almonds ¼ cup firmly packed
- ¾ teaspoon refrigerated garlic paste from tube
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 dashes of hot sauce such as Tabasco
- ¼ cup firmly packed spinach
- ¼ cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Chop the broccoli stems, reserving the florets. Process the stems in a food processor until finely chopped.
Add the Parmesan, almonds, garlic paste, salt, and hot sauce; process until combined.
Add the broccoli florets, spinach, basil, oil, and lemon juice; process until incorporated.