Bright and green chimichurri takes the place of mint sauce in this modern version of roasted lamb.
The parsley, mint, and basil—and plenty of garlic—make a fresh sauce that stands up beautifully to the rich flavor of good lamb. Read more about lamb in this story from Edible Nashville.
Roasted Lamb with Chimichurri
- 1 boneless leg of lamb (about 3 pounds_
For the Chimichurri
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 shallot
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat an oven to 350°F. Roast lamb 2 hours or until 120 degrees.
- Once cooked, char the lamb on a grill or in a large skillet until caramelized or until lamb is 140°F. Slice and serve with the chimichurri.
- To make the chimichurri: combine the parsley, mint, basil, shallot, and fresh garlic in a food processor. Pulse until chopped. Add the sherry vinegar and olive oil, process until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper.