A back-pocket recipe for everyone’s preferred roasted vegetable
As it’s my husband’s favorite recipe, these Brussels Sprouts are a go-to side dish for everyday meals as well as holidays. They are healthy and the very best when roasted, and you need something delicious and green on your Thanksgiving table.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Scallions
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bunches scallions, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread onto a rimmed baking sheet. Roast 20 minutes.
- Add the scallions and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Toss on the baking sheet to mix the scallions with the Brussels sprouts.
- Roast until the sprouts and scallions are browned and tender, about 20 minutes more, rotating and shaking the pan once or twice more to make sure all is browning evenly.
- Transfer to a platter, squeeze the lemon over the vegetables, and serve.