A back-pocket recipe for everyone’s preferred roasted vegetable
As it’s my husband’s favorite recipe, these Brussels Sprouts are a go-to side dish for everyday meals as well as holidays. They are healthy and the very best when roasted, and you need something delicious and green on your Thanksgiving table.
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bunches scallions, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread onto a rimmed baking sheet. Roast 20 minutes.
- Add the scallions and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Toss on the baking sheet to mix the scallions with the Brussels sprouts.
- Roast until the sprouts and scallions are browned and tender, about 20 minutes more, rotating and shaking the pan once or twice more to make sure all is browning evenly.
- Transfer to a platter, squeeze the lemon over the vegetables, and serve.