Nothing beats the heat like a perfectly chilled gazpacho.
This traditional Spanish soup is always served cold and makes a deliciously refreshing meal in hot weather. Try it in little glasses with shrimp for a summer party canapé.
Paleo Monday to Friday: Gazpacho
- 2.2 pounds tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 small yellow onion roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 red pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cucumber halved, seeds scooped out and finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- Place the tomatoes, onion, garlic, pepper, olive oil, and vinegar in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Stir in the cucumber, season to taste, then place in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Serve with a sprinkling of fresh parsley.