This impressive souffle is a good way to avoid feeling dessert-deprived when you’re following a paleo eating plan.
Who says the paleo diet is no fun? Dessert is back on the menu with this easy, ingenious recipe for banana souffle. A lot of ripe bananas and a little maple syrup provide sweetness and well-beaten egg whites guarantee a lofty, fluffy final product. Be sure to clean your egg white bowl thoroughly so no traces of grease prevent their rise.
Paleo Monday to Friday: Banana Soufflé
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- 2 tablespoons room temperature maple syrup
- 6 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Mash the bananas with the vanilla in a bowl, then add the maple syrup and mix well.
- Separate the eggs.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks. The more you whisk the eggs, the higher the soufflés rise in the oven.
- Add the yolks to the banana mixture and stir well.
- Gently fold the two mixtures together and divide between four to six silicone ramekins (if not using silicone, oil very lightly).
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until well risen.
- Serve immediately.