We love this way of using up that most prolific of summer vegetables: zucchini.
The secret to a successful one-pot pasta: use a high-quality dry pasta and cold water. Dry pasta will hold it's shape and cold water ensures that it doesn't get soft too fast.
- 9 oz bucatini pasta 250g
- 2 small courgettes (zucchini) diced
- 5 oz Roquefort, cut into large chunks 150g
- 1 garlic clove thinly sliced
- 7 fl oz single (light) cream 200ml
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch of parsley
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon rock salt
- 25 fl oz water 750ml
- Put all the ingredients into a large saucepan in the order listed.
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes over a medium heat, stirring regularly. About 2 cm (3/4 in) of cooking liquid should remain at the end.
Used with permission from One-Pot Pasta: From Pot to Plate in Under 30 Minutes by Sabrina Fauda-Rôle, Hardie Grant, 2016. Photos by Akiko Ida.
Calories: 645kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 103mg | Sodium: 1429mg | Potassium: 703mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1640IU | Vitamin C: 36.3mg | Calcium: 314mg | Iron: 1.9mg