A true one-pot pasta—the pasta cooking in the sauce itself.
The secret to a successful one-pot pasta: use high-quality dry pasta and cold water. Dry pasta will hold its shape and cold water ensures that it doesn’t get soft too fast.
One-Pot Pasta with Spinach and Smoked Salmon
- 350 g tagliatelle pasta
- 125 g fresh spinach
- 160 g smoked salmon
- 2 large shallots thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- freshly ground black pepper
- 750 ml cold water
- Put all the ingredients into a large saucepan in the order listed and bring to simmer over medium heat.
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes, stirring regularly. About 2 cm (3/4 in) of cooking liquid should remain at the end.