Alt-pestos are good for so much more than pasta
This mint-packed but slightly salty pesto is perfect for coating a lamb roast. It also makes a flavorful accompaniment for grilled mackerel. You could stir it into a vinaigrette to give your ho-hum salad a lift. Or serve it with raw, steamed, or roasted vegetables such as carrots, cauliflower, and fennel.
- 1½ cups mint leaves
- 1 cup parsley or cilantro leaves and tender stems
- ¼ cup pine nuts or 1/3 cup walnut halves
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese or freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 large cloves garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until nearly smooth.