A crunchy, creamy late summer salad.
Apples and celery are a classic salad pairing—here, the stronger flavored and less bitter herb lovage takes the place of celery. Learn more about lovage here.
Lovage Apple Salad
Apple, cranberry, and lovage flavors complement one another in this creamy summer salad with yogurt dressing.
- ¼ cup chopped lovage leaves
- 1 large red apple, cored and chopped
- 1 large granny smith apple, cored and chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup raw pecans
For the dressing:
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk all the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Put all the salad ingredients in a medium bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad. Gently toss.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend before serving.