A zesty use for a popular foraged green.
Toss this with hot pasta, use as a spread on sandwiches, or serve as a dip with vegetables. Or use it to top pizza, such as this one with wild onions.
Feel free to play with the proportions—of cheese, walnuts, lemon, and salt, depending on your taste.
- 1 cup lambs quarters leaves can substitute spinach
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- Juice from 2 whole lemons
- 1 large garlic clove peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- Rinse and dry the lambs quarters. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pulse until the green leaves have been thoroughly macerated and the pesto is well blended.
Use within 3 days or freeze.