A zesty use for a popular foraged green.
Toss this with hot pasta, use as a spread on sandwiches, or serve as a dip with vegetables. Or use it to top pizza, such as this one with wild onions.
Lamb Quarters Walnut Pesto
- 1 cup lambs quarters leaves can substitute spinach
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- Juice from 2 whole lemons
- 1 large garlic clove peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- Rinse and dry the lambs quarters. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pulse until the green leaves have been thoroughly macerated and the pesto is well blended.