Sweet, grassy honeysuckle gives these digestive bitters a decisively herbaceous flavor profile.
Bitters taken fifteen minutes before mealtime stimulate digestion and keep you bloat free. Try these in your next gin cocktail, spa water, or jam for a truly sublime flavor experience.
- 1/4 cup culinary-grade dried honeysuckle flowers
- 1 tablespoon raw artichoke leaves
- 1 tablespoon cardamom seeds cracked
- 2 medium oranges seeded and diced
- 3 cups vodka
- Place all the ingredients into a quart-size jar. Seal and shake twice a day for 1 week. Strain the mixture through cheesecloth.
- Bottle and store in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year.