I feel great about serving fish tacos to my family because they include protein, veggies, and Greek yogurt—all in one meal!
Servings: 8 tacos
- ¾ cup/ 172 g plain Greek yogurt
- Juice of ½ lime
- 2 tablespoons/ 30 ml sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons/ 40 g honey
- 2 tablespoons/ 30 ml soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 12 ounces/ 336 g cod thawed if frozen
- 8 white corn tortillas
- 1 cup/ 120 g shredded Cheddar or Jack cheese
- ¼ purple cabbage shredded
TO MAKE THE SAUCE:
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt and lime juice. Set aside.
TO MAKE THE TACOS:
- Combine the sesame oil, honey, soy sauce, molasses, chili powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper in a medium-size sauté pan over medium heat. Stir to blend. Add the fish and cook for approximately 15 minutes, until the fish is opaque in the center and flakes easily with a fork. Chop the cooked fish in the pan so that it’s diced and more thoroughly covered with sauce.
- Serve the cooked fish with the tortillas, cheese, purple cabbage, and yogurt sauce.