These small bites are full of flavor and just right for brunch, as an appetizer or hors d’oeuvre, and as a warm snack any time of day.
Easy to make and ready in under 30 minutes, you can turn up the heat by adding more jalapeño peppers to the mix.
Plus, they’re a great way to make good use of ham or bacon leftovers (if you ever have those in your house!).
Photo by Melina Hammer
Egg, Ham and Jalapeño Brioche Rolls
- 12 pull-apart brioche dinner rolls
- 4 free-range eggs
- 6 slices bacon or ham*
- 1 jalapeño pepper thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- sea salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- Use a small serrated blade to hollow the centers out from the rolls (save for another use such as croutons or bread crumbs).
- In a bowl, beat eggs with salt and pepper and the jalapeño slices.
- With a butter knife, slather mascarpone on the insides of the rolls, then set each into the hollows of a muffin tin.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line rolls with the bacon or ham and trim to fit. It is okay to have a little overlap—tastes great and looks just as good.
- Carefully pour in egg mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the eggs barely jiggle when agitated.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve.