A Latin twist on the avocado-tomato salad
If there is a salad that’s easier to make, it’s difficult to imagine. It’s characteristic of island cooking throughout the Carribean—vegetables simply arranged and “dressed” with a squeeze of citrus and possibly a drizzle of oil.
Cuban-Style Avocado Salad
- 1 medium ripe avocado cubed
- 1 cup canned hearts of palm labeled “salad cut”
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes sliced
- Olive oil
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Arrange the avocado, hearts of palm, and tomatoes in rows on a serving plate. Top the vegetables with a drizzle of olive oil, a squeeze of lemon, a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and some chopped parsley. Serve immediately.