This drink takes its inspiration from the espresso martini! Coffee and tequila is a cocktail marriage worth exploring – the reposado tequila used here delivers notes of barrel-aged caramel and vanilla. The Frangelico adds a roasted, nutty flavor, while scorching the cinnamon sticks in front of your guests provides a nice bit of theatre to fire up the after-dinner fiesta. My advice is to always drink responsibly and don’t be shy with the crushed ice, because once you’ve tasted this you will no doubt crave seconds.
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 13 1/2 ounces espresso coffee hot
- 1/4 cup Patrón XO Café tequila
- 1/4 cup reposado tequila
- 1/4 ounces Frangelico plus extra if necessary
- 3 1/2 ounces crushed ice plus extra if necessary
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Carefully apply the cinnamon sticks directly to a naked flame or dry roast in a hot frying pan until scorched and toasted all over. Remove from the heat and divide among martini glasses or champagne coupes.
- Combine the coffee, tequilas, Frangelico and ice in a blender and process for 1 minute, or until frothy and smooth.
- Pour into the martini glasses and sprinkle with a pinch of ground cinnamon to garnish.