We whipped up this pie as a riff on peanut butter pie, which we love, and it was EXTRAORDINARY. The cashew butter is not as creamy as hydrogenated peanut butter (such as jif or skippy) and this pie reflects that.
Cashew Butter Pie
- 2 sleeves graham crackers
- ¼ cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces cashew butter such as Bae’s Butter
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons softened butter divided
- 6 ounces chocolate chopped
- To prepare crust, preheat oven to 350F. Place graham crackers and sugar in food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form. Place butter in 9-inch pie plate and place in oven 5 minutes or until butter melts. Remove from oven, add crumbs to melted butter, and stir until combined. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of plate, forming crust. Bake 12-15 minutes. Cool.
- To prepare filling, beat whipped cream until soft peaks form. Set aside in refrigerator. Combine cream cheese and cashew butter in mixer bowl and beat until creamy and light. Add powdered sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Beat well. Add 2 tablespoons butter and beat well. Fold in half of beaten whipped cream. Spoon filling into crust. Dollop with remaining whipped cream and spread. Chill.
- Combine chocolate with remaining 2 tablespoons butter and microwave on low for 3 minutes, stirring a couple times. Chill for 5 minutes. Dollop onto whipped cream and swirl together (chocolate will harden quickly). Place in refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight. Serve cold.