Invest in a cast iron pie iron to make this fruit pie recipe on your next camping trip. You won't be sorry!
- Refrigerated flaky biscuits
- Melted butter
- Raspberry jam
- Lemon pie filling
- Coat your pie iron with cooking spray.
- Flatten a biscuit; coat with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar.
- Fit into pie iron; spread with jam and pie filling.
- Top with another coated biscuit; press edges together.
- Close iron and cook in warm coals until biscuits are done.
- Garnish any way you’d like, but it tastes great plain, too.
From Dutch Oven & Cast Iron Cooking, Fox Chapel Publishing, 2017.