Make the ultimate lobster roll at home.
There are two secrets to the perfect lobster roll: use excellent lobster and keep it simple. How much you chop the lobster is, of course, up to you. Some people like a roll with quite a salad-like filling, but most people want to be able to appreciate lobster’s unique texture with big, meaty pieces.
A Classic Lobster Roll
- 12 ounces cooked lobster meat chopped
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 New England–style hot dog rolls
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Toss the lobster with the celery, lemon juice, and mayonnaise in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Butter the outside of the rolls. Heat a skillet over medium heat and toast the rolls until golden, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Spoon the lobster salad into the rolls, and dust with cayenne pepper. Serve immediately.