STRAWBERRY LAVENDER SYRUP
- 1 and 1/2 lbs strawberries rinsed and hulled
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 lavender tea bag
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice strained
- Put the strawberries in a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the fruit has broken down into small pieces, about 15 minutes.
- Using a fine mesh strainer, gently strain the juice from the strawberry pulp (use the pulp in smoothies) and return the juice to the pan. Add the sugar, honey, tea bag, and lemon juice. Boil, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes, until the mixture has reduced by about ¹⁄₃ and is syrupy. It should coat the back of a spoon, and the final yield should be about 1¼ cup of syrup.
- Cool completely and store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Use as a topping for pancakes, waffles, French toast, ice cream, or stir into your favorite drink like a flavored simple syrup!