Here’s a little breakfast bowl that will definitely help you get through your day. Protein-packed quinoa and nutrient-rich spinach are topped with a soft-boiled egg with a slightly runny yolk. You can also add any leftover vegetables you have on hand (asparagus or roasted squash are both delicious choices).
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth, gluten-free
- 1/3 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 Small Hass avocado, sliced
- 16 grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon
chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add the eggs, cover, and remove the pan from the heat. Let stand for 10 minutes for slightly soft yolks. Drain and rinse the eggs under cold water. Peel the eggs and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Meanwhile, in a second small pot, bring the broth to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, add the quinoa, cover, and cook on low until the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Place 1 cup of the spinach in the bottom of each of 4 serving bowls. Top each with 1⁄4 cup hot quinoa, 1 sliced egg, a quarter of the avocado, and a quarter of the tomatoes. Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon olive oil, sprinkle with chives, and season each with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.