Great way to use up those carrot greens.
- ¾ cup hazelnuts (or mixture of hazelnuts, almonds and walnuts)
- 1/8 cup organic carrot leaves, chopped
- 1/8 cup organic parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh-grated parmesan cheese
- generous pinch of sea salt
Toast the nuts at 325ºF for a few minutes to bring out the flavour. In a food processor, puree the nuts, carrot leaves, parsley leaves, lemon juice and garlic. Pour in cheese, salt, and olive oil, starting with ¼ cup. Blend, and increase olive oil if the pesto is too thick. Cook pasta (450g) until al dente, drain and toss with pesto while still hot.
*Excellent with a few handfuls of cooked pole beans thrown in as you toss with the pesto.