Wild Mushroom Risotto
Of all the recipes to come out of Edible Monterey Bay, this easy wild mushroom risotto is declared their favorite. It must be good!
- olive oil
- 2 cups mixed wild mushrooms such as chanterelle, black trumpet and morel, quartered to similar size pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 cup carnaroli rice
- 4 cups hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 pound butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- white wine
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 white truffle, golf ball size (optional)
Visit Edible Monterey Bay to see how to make it, and add this one to your list of weeknight go-to dinners.