Vibrant and healthy recipes to brighten up your day.
- 1/2–1 tbsp Thai green curry paste, according to taste
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp bouillon powder (or 1/2 stock cube)
- 1/2 pak choi (bok choy), cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup mangetout (snow peas)
- 1 carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 1/4 cup vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 heaped tbsp chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 1 spring onion (scallion), finely sliced
- 1/2 lime
- boiling water, to serve
Dressing: spoon the Thai green curry paste, coconut milk, soy sauce, and stock powder into the jar and stir to combine.
Hard vegetables: place the pak choi on top.
Soft vegetables: add the mangetout and carrot ribbons.
Grains: add the vermicelli on top.
Leafy greens: sprinkle over the coriander, spring onion and place the lime on top.
Seal: tighten the lid, and store in the fridge. When ready to serve, remove the lime wedge and pour over enough boiling water to cover all the ingredients, then put the lid back on and leave to sit for 2 minutes. Stir to combine or tip into a bowl. Squeeze over the lime and enjoy.
About this recipe
“The ultimate quick soup. Simply pour hot water over to serve and you’re good to go! Naturally, access to a kettle is an essential for this lunch.” – Bec Dickinson
Excerpted with permission from Love Your Lunches by Bec Dickinson, published by Hardie Grant Books April 2017.