Finally, a guide for what to do with all the wonderful produce in your CSA box.
- 2 small potatoes
- 3 parsnips
- 3 carrots
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 (13½-ounce) can coconut milk
- A pinch of nutmeg, plus more for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Peel the potatoes, parsnips, and carrots as desired, then chop them into small pieces.
In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes, parsnips, carrots, green onions, and ginger. Stir to coat.
Add the coconut milk, plus 1 can of water. Stir, then bring to a boil; lower the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the veggies are tender.
Add the nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
Puree the soup in a blender in small batches.
Garnish with nutmeg before serving.
About this recipe
Recipe by Sara Jones, Tucson, Arizona CSA, from Bounty from the Box: The CSA Farm Cookbook, by Mi Ae Lipe.