- 2.2 pounds tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cucumber, halved, seeds scooped out and finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
1. Place the tomatoes, onion, garlic, pepper, olive oil, and vinegar in a blender and pulse until smooth.
2. Stir in the cucumber, season to taste, then place in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
3. Serve with a sprinkling of fresh parsley.
About this recipe
“This traditional Spanish soup is always served chilled and makes a deliciously refreshing meal in hot weather. Try it in little glasses with shrimp for a summer party canapé.” – Daniel Green