From pot to plate in under 30 minutes!
- 200 g (7 fl oz) pasta shells
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 courgettes (zucchini), diced
- 150 g (5 oz) French beans, tops removed, cut into 1 cm (1/2 in) lengths
- 250 g (9 oz) tinned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 125 g (4 oz) mangetout (snow peas)
- 4 small tomatoes, diced
- 150 g (5 oz) green pesto
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rock salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 litre (34 fl oz) water
- grated Parmesan, to serve
Set aside half of the pesto for garnish.
Put all the other ingredients into a large saucepan in the order listed.
Cook for approximately 15 minutes over a medium heat, stirring regularly. About 4 cm (1 1/2 in) of cooking liquid should remain at the end.
Add the remaining pesto and serve with grated Parmesan.
About this recipe
The secret to a successful one-pot pasta: use a high-quality dry pasta and cold water. Dry pasta will hold it's shape and cold water ensures that it doesn't get soft too fast. Recipe courtesy of One-Pot Pasta by Sabrina Fauda-Rôle, photography by Akiko Ida.