From pot to plate in under 30 minutes!
- 350 g (12 oz) tagliatelle pasta
- 125 g (4 oz) fresh spinach
- 160 g (5 oz) smoked salmon
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons double (heavy) cream
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- freshly ground black pepper
- 750 ml (25 fl oz) cold water
Put all the ingredients into a large saucepan in the order listed.
Cook for approximately 15 minutes over a medium heat, stirring regularly. About 2 cm (3/4 in) of cooking liquid should remain at the end.
About this recipe
The secret to a successful one-pot pasta: use a high-quality dry pasta and cold water. Dry pasta will hold it's shape and cold water ensures that it doesn't get soft too fast.