From pot to plate in under 30 minutes!
- 250 g (9 oz) bucatini pasta
- 2 small courgettes (zucchini), diced
- 150 g (5 oz) Roquefort, cut into large chunks
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 200 ml (7 fl oz) single (light) cream
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch of parsley
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon rock salt
- 750 ml (25 fl oz) water
Put all the ingredients into a large saucepan in the order listed.
Cook for approximately 15 minutes over a medium heat, stirring regularly. About 2 cm (3/4 in) of cooking liquid should remain at the end.
About this recipe
The secret to a successful one-pot pasta: use a high-quality dry pasta and cold water. Dry pasta will hold it's shape and cold water ensures that it doesn't get soft too fast. Recipe courtesy of One-Pot Pasta by Sabrina Fauda-Rôle, photos by Akiko Ida.