These warming, in-season recipes are something to look forward to through Winter's chilly days.
- 7 oz (200g) Gruyère AOP, grated
- 2 eggs
- 5 oz (150ml) milk
- 2 oz (50ml) cream
- 2 tbsp. green-olive tapenade
- 1-2 handfuls of mixed herbs e.g. parsley, basil, oregano etc.
- Salt and pepper
- 1 flaky pastry, rolled into a round
- 1 cup (250g) cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (50g) pitted black olives
Thoroughly mix the eggs, milk, cream, olive tapenade, and Gruyère AOP.
Finely chop the herbs. Add these to the filling and season with salt & pepper.
Line an 11" round baking tin with the flaky pastry and prick the bottom several times with a fork. Then pour in the filling.
Arrange the tomatoes and olives on top and bake at 425°F (220°C) on the bottom oven shelf for about 30 minutes.