Prep Time: Less than 20 minutes
Bake Time: Less than 20 minutes
Makes 12 mini quiches
Special tools needed:
12 silicone muffin liners (paper liners not recommended) or twelve 5- inch parchment paper squares
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a muffin pan with either 12 silicone muffin liners or 5- inch parchment squares.
2. In a medium bowl, blend the flour and ¼ teaspoon of the salt. Stir in the melted butter until the flour is completely moistened and then set aside.
3. In a large glass measuring cup or bowl with a spout (if you have one), whisk together the eggs, milk, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and pepper.
4. Put 1 tablespoon of the flour mixture in the bottom of each lined muffin cup. Push it down flat with your fingers so it covers the bottom from edge to edge. If you’re using the parchment paper liners, this is your chance to really shove each piece down into its hole.
5. Sprinkle the cheese evenly on top of the little crusts, then carefully pour the egg mixture on top, filling the cups two- thirds full.
6. Bake until the eggs are set and lightly browned on top, 18 to 20 minutes. Eat warm, refrigerate for later in the week, or freeze for another day!
From 100 DAYS OF REAL FOOD by Lisa Leake. Copyright © 2014 by Lisa Leake. Reprinted by permission of William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.