- 1 cup (160 g) chopped onion
- ½ cup (120 ml) milk or cream
- 1 can (15 ounces, 425 g) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5 ounces, 410 g) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups (475 ml) chicken stock
- 2 cups (475 ml) beef stock
- 4 cups (950 ml) water
- 8 ounces (225 g) ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1½ teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound (455 g) ground beef, uncooked
- 8 gluten-free lasagna noodles, broken into pieces
Recommended Slow Cooker Size: 5 quart (5 L) or larger
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Spray your crock pot with nonstick cooking spray.
In the crock, place the onion, milk or cream, tomato sauce, tomatoes, chicken stock, beef stock, water, cheese, garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Give it a stir. Crumble the beef into the mixture.
Cover the crock and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3½ to 4 hours. The last half hour or so, stir in the noodles.
Tips & Suggestions:
Finish this soup with some freshly shredded mozzarella cheese on top of each bowl.
Excerpted from The Gluten-Free Slow Cooker by Hope Comerford. Fair Winds Press, 2015.