- 1 tablespoon (14 g) coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups (140 g) chopped, destemmed kale
- ½ cup (115 g) plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup (50 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup (60 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup (100 g) whipped cream cheese
- 1 (14-ounce, or 392 g) can artichoke hearts, drained and diced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Pita chips, for serving
Yield: 6 servings
Preheat the oven to 325°F (170°C, or gas mark 3). Spray a 7 1⁄2-inch (19-cm) pie pan with nonstick spray.
In a skillet over medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the garlic and kale, and saute for approximately 5 minutes, until the kale is softened but not browned.
Add to a medium-size mixing bowl, then stir in the yogurt, cheeses, cream cheese, artichoke hearts, and salt. Scrape into the prepared baking dish.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned and bubbling. Serve with the pita chips.
Excerpted from Superfoods at Every Meal by Kelly Pfeiffer (Fair Winds Press, 2014).