- One 15-oz. can pure pumpkin purée
- 1-1/4 cups unsweetened coconut milk (full fat only, stirred or shaken well before using)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. table salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 Tbs. spiced rum, such as Captain Morgan
- 1 blind-baked All-Butter Piecrust
Position a rack in the center of the oven, set a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet on the rack, and heat the oven to 425°F.
In a large bowl, whisk the pumpkin, coconut milk, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg until smooth. Whisk in the eggs and then the rum, until the mixture is smooth. Pour the filling into the piecrust.
Put the pie on the heated baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes and then reduce the oven temperature to 350°F. Bake until the center of the pie no longer wobbles when the pan is nudged (a slight jiggle is fine), an additional 45 to 55 minutes.
Transfer to a rack and cool completely before serving. The pie can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 days.
nutrition information (per serving):
Calories (kcal): 430; Fat (g): 22; Fat Calories (kcal): 190; Saturated Fat (g): 15; Protein (g): 7; Monounsaturated Fat (g): 4.5; Carbohydrates (g): 53; Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 1; Sodium (mg): 410; Cholesterol (mg): 135; Fiber (g): 6.
Recipe, courtesy of Fine Cooking.