80 flavor-packed recipes of less than 300 calories.
- 2 ½ cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce, plus extra to serve
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 cups Portobello mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups beef stock (or use Mushroom Stock to make vegetarian)
- 1 x 14-ounce can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon Marmite
- Small bunch of parsley, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 475°F. Place half of the cherry tomatoes in a small roasting dish with the Tabasco sauce, a pinch of salt, and a generous grinding of pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
Sauté the onion and garlic over low heat in 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce and 2 tablespoons water, stirring regularly to prevent them from sticking and burning. Add more water if necessary. After about 10 minutes, when nicely browned and caramelized, add the mushrooms and remaining tomatoes and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the stock and navy beans, bring to a boil, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
Season with the remaining Worcestershire sauce and the Marmite, and pepper if needed.
Serve topped with the Tabasco-roasted tomatoes, some chopped parsley, and Tabasco sauce on the side for an added kick!
About this recipe
“This soup does for a hangover what chicken soup does for the common cold. Marmite and Worcestershire sauce add salty notes while Tabasco sauce introduces some spice to cleanse from the inside out. Rehydrating, comforting, and nutritious—a whole new kind of cure!” -- Kathyrn Bruton in Skinny Soups