Delicious, on-the-go recipes.
- 2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 220 ml (7 1/2 fl oz) milk
- 150 ml (5 fl oz) olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 300 g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or table salt
- 120 g (4 1/2 oz) pitted Kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- 150 g (5 1/2 oz) goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) fan-forced, or 200°C (400°F) conventional. Grease a 12-hole (80 ml / 1/3 cup capacity) muffin tin, or line with cupcake cases.
Combine the eggs, milk and olive oil in a bowl. Sift the flour and salt over the egg mixture, then stir gently to combine. Fold in the olives, parsley, cheese and chilli and season with freshly ground black pepper.
Divide the mixture among the muffin holes and bake for 20–25 minutes, or until the muffins have risen and are golden.
Leave to cool for 5 minutes in the tin, then transfer to wire racks to cool further.
About this recipe
“These are best eaten on the day they’re made — however, if you do have any left over, warm them up and serve with some butter the next day.” – Katy Holder
Recipes excerpted with permission from A Moveable Feast by Katy Holder. Photography: Natasha Milne. Published by Hardie Grant Books April 2017.