Prep time: 1 hour
Total time: 5 hours, 30 minutes
Makes: 40 truffles
1. Make the filling: Place bittersweet chocolate in a large heatproof bowl. Microwave on 50 percent power in three 15-second increments, stirring after each, for a total of 45 seconds. Stir until almost completely melted. Set aside.
2. Whisk the heavy cream and instant coffee together in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisking occasionally, heat until it just begins to boil. Remove from heat, whisk in the vanilla extract, and pour over the chocolate. Gently begin stirring with a wooden spoon in one direction. Do not forcefully stir. Once the mixture is completely smooth, cover with plastic wrap pressed on the top of the mixture. Let ganache mixture sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, then transfer to the refrigerator for 3–4 hours, or until it reaches scoopable consistency.
3. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside. Remove ganache from the refrigerator. Measure 1 teaspoon, roll between your hands into a ball, and place on the baking sheet. Repeat with rest of ganache. Place the truffles in the refrigerator as you prepare the coating.
4. Make the coating: Melt or temper the bittersweet chocolate.
5. Remove truffles from the refrigerator. Working with one truffle at a time, dip completely into the chocolate using a dipping tool (or fork). Place back onto the baking sheet. Repeat with rest of truffles.
6. Melt or temper the white chocolate. With a squeeze bottle (or fork) drizzle over truffles. Press a coffee bean on top of each. Allow the chocolate to completely set at room temperature before serving.