- 2 ½ sticks unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound 4 ounces best quality chocolate chips
- ¼ cup coarse sea salt such as Maldon
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside. In a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and mix until combined. On low speed, add the flour mixture in two installments and mix until just incorporated. Add the chocolate and mix until evenly distributed.
Scoop the dough using a 1.5 ounce ice cream scoop onto two parchment lined cookie sheets. Sprinkle the tops of each cookies with a few flakes of the Maldon salt. Bake for 12 to 16 minutes until the edges are golden brown but the center is still pale.