In a week, my kiddo will enter school for the first time. We’ve homeschooled for the last several years, but recently he expressed interest in attending a small, intimate private school part-time which means, for the first time ever, I’ll be packing school lunch.
Long gone are the days of slow, lingering family lunches, and here come the early mornings, the rush and the hastily packed lunches. And me, wondering just what I’ll serve my kiddo for lunch. I want it to be delicious, satisfying and deeply nourishing.
So, I’ve partnered with Mighty Nest who tucked away some of my son’s very favorite lunch gear picks into a box to help him (and me) get a good start this autumn. And, best of all, they’re giving away a lunch gear to THREE lucky Nourished Kitchen readers, too.
10 Healthy School Lunch Ideas I’m Trying This Fall
- A Picnic Style Lunch: Ham and Cheese Sandwiches on Homemade Sprouted Bread (with the recipe from my cookbook), cut up apples, and homemade kale chips.
- Wholesome Stews for When the Cold Weather Sets In: Bison Stew served in a thermos, Fresh Sourdough Bread with Butter, Apple Pear Sauce
- Homemade Lunchables: Homemade Crackers, Raw Milk Cheese, Sliced Turkey, Homemade Sour Pickle, Carrot Sticks, Grapes
- Caprese Salads: Heirloom Tomatoes, Mozzarella Cheese, Fresh Basil, Fresh Sourdough Bread with Butter, Peaches
- Classic BLAT Sandwiches: Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado and Tomato Sandwiches with lots of homemade olive oil mayonnaise on sprouted bread (with the recipes from my cookbook), Sliced Pears
- Tuna Salad Stuffed Tomatoes: Tuna Salad Stuffed in Tomatoes, Homemade Crackers, Sliced Nectarines
- Oven-Fried Chicken Drumsticks: Oven-Fried Chicken Drumsticks, Homemade Cole Slaw, Baked Apples with Raisins and Cinnamon
- Warm Soup: Leftover Lentil Stew with Winter Vegetables, Fresh Sourdough Bread with Raw Milk Cheese, Homemade Sauerkraut and Molasses Cookie
- Deviled Eggs: Deviled Eggs made with homemade olive oil mayonnaise (with the recipes from my cookbook), Homemade Sour Pickle, sprouted bread (with the recipe from my cookbook), sliced peaches
- Pitas and Hummus: Homemade Sprouted Hummus, Sourdough Pita Bread, Sliced Carrots, Sliced Cucumbers and Chopped Tomatoes, Grapes
Copyright 2007 to 2014, all rights reserved. Nourished Media, LLC. No part of this content may be republished or reposted without express written permission. Posts on NourishedKitchen.com may contain affiliate links and links to sponsors.